Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's been a while

Knowing how much my blog is anticipated, I felt it necessary at 5:32 a.m. Jan. 21,2009 to put an end to your suspense.
I sit here, unable to sleep because I wake myself up from coughing every 2 seconds. Seriously, I am over the cold weather. Actually let me say, I am over weather period. Really, is it so hard to stay around the same temperature everyday? must we go from 0 to 30 to 60 to 15 all in a couple days time????? what happened to the good ole days of just being in the 70's all the time???? Oh wait, that is Florida weather!!! OOOOPPPSS!
Well, enough about that nonsense, and time to move on to the next.
Things have been going (as to be expected). I won't say things have been good, or bad...simply interesting. JD and I celebrated 7 years of marriage on New Years Eve....and for those of you who know me best, my night was not complete until I took a brisk walk. New Years Day, my sweet friend Kyla Carpenter and I were off to lay background vocals on JD's praise and worship CD...which, by the way, is now complete with 4 songs, and available only at the Smith Ranch.
As I was taking an "evening" stroll on New Years Eve, I had time to reflect on myself. Scary image at times. I am a woman of structure. I do like schedules, and knowing how long I have to do something....maybe it is the discipline of a schedule that I like. Lately, however, it was seeming as though my schedule was spinning out of control. Over the next couple of days, it was brought to my full attention just how off "schedule" I had been for the last 2months. No discipline at all, except with my attitude..that was in FULL force let me tell you. I was neglecting all that was important, and focusing on all that made everything seem UN-important. See, no Quiet Time, no connection with my husband, totally consumed with what I am "not" getting..BLAH BLAH BLAH - tends to leave a person ... . . . empty. You see, no Holy Spirit in me is a dangerous DANGEROUS place to be. The Holy Spirit for me is almost like a filter if you will. It gets down in those "hard to reach places" and cleans them out. Praise the Lord that JD and I finally have a solid group of friends that lead us back to the narrow path, and surround us with love, no matter what they have going on.......phone calls of genuine concern while they are on a much needed date with their husband, driving to work in Nashville to a job that will not let you get home until 4 in the morning, Dropping everything and hanging out with me, Keeping me pre-occupied, listening to my endless babble, all the while loving me and pointing me back to the Word, coming over to my house without a moments pause to let us know things are NOT going down like this, Taking on children at a moments notice, just to offer support. Amazing, one of the most precious things that was taught to me in my life, happened in a weekend...no..a day and a half. It's been a while since I have had that. Felt that. How quickly we lose sight of those precious humans we are privilege to call our friends. We lose sight of what it means to be brothers/sisters in Christ. That is my prayer for 2009 to display the type of love that my friends showed me. The type of love where they show that even when they are not with me they are concerned, that they are there when I need them, and that they truly want what is best in my life, to hold me accountable, correct when I am wrong, show me the Truth even when I don't want to see it..........What an awesome display of Christ in them. SO Kisses to you my friends. Thank you for sharing the "filter" you have in you, with me, during a time when I was unscrewing mine. The Holy Spirit in you, was able to fight off the Dirt in me........Thanks for your obedience, and love...you are truly a blessing!!!!!!

2 comments:

Betty said...

I love you, too! We...I... need you just as much as you need us...so don't think we will ever go away!

We are in this battle to win victory after victory for our Lord!

Hugs and kisses,
Betty

Kyla said...

Roza Smith you show so much love to so many of us it is easy to love you! Thank you for being my friend.

Now, back to important business....I tagged you! Where is your 4th picture in the 4th folder???????